We've moved! We are now at genmaicha.tumblr.com.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Is this thing on?

Why, hello there! Why the long radio silence, PeriodicStyle?

I'll be honest -- 2010 was a rough year. Money was tight and inspiration was scarce; it was very much a "put your head down and work" year, and so there wasn't much time or reason for browsing Etsy, wandering the aisles of Sephora, and so on. And so PeriodicStyle fell by the wayside.

It's hard to write a blog that's, at the most elemental core, about being a consumer when there's nothing you're interested in buying and no money to buy it with anyway, and you'e never been comfortable as an outfit or FOTD-blogger.

The truth is also that since starting the blog in January '07, life has changed for all three of us. Just speaking for me, I've traveled to places I've never been, I've had several jobs, I moved to my first non-college apartment, I've had two serious boyfriends and one really heart-wrenching break-up. I've been to Fashion Week twice, and I've learned a ton about myself.

2010 really made it clear that I'm just not the same girl I used to be, even from one year ago. Even from six months ago. And unfortunately, PS just doesn't really line up with who I am and what I want to do anymore, and Karen and Kati agree with me.

So we're closing PeriodicStyle -- we'll still leave up the archives, so please feel free to take a look and drop us a line, but we won't be producing any more content here.

What we *are* doing is that we've moved our energy over to Tumblr -- we are now happily updating at genmaicha.tumblr.com, formerly known as Periodicals. It's short, it's sweet, it's awesome. What's also particularly awesome is that there's no designation of who's adding what to Tumblr -- so it's just one delicious hivemind of the three of us. Please, please come hang out with us on Tumblr!

I know I'm always going to be grateful for the opportunities that PeriodicStyle opened up for me and the amazing people I've met, either in person or through the internets -- but it's time for a new year, and time to move on!

xoxo!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails