We've moved! We are now at genmaicha.tumblr.com.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Au revoir until May!

Earlier this year, my mother and I went to a double-feature of An American in Paris and Singin' in the Rain. She leaned over to me at the beginning of An American in Paris, during the stock footage of Paris, and said, "Just think, you're going to be there!" I whispered back, "I think it's filmed on a soundstage!" Which it was, of course, but that didn't make the reality that I'd be in Paris any less true. (And just look at Leslie Caron's New Look outfit!)

Tomorrow I'm finally heading off on my two-week trip to Paris, Antwerp, and London. I've got a brand-new big suitcase, my Brooklyn-bought blue trenchcoat, black eyeliner (Urban Decay's 24/7, naturally, in Zero), red lipgloss/balm (Lancome Juicy Tubes in "Cherry Burst" and C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint in 1138), and French lessons on my iPod Nano. I haven't packed a thing, but I've certainly got a list of what will go in that new big suitcase for the way there. I'm definitely planning on having more things in it on the way back.

Thanks to Susie at Style Bubble, I am set for London shopping for days, especially as I arrive in London the same day Kate Moss' Topshop collection launches. I may have an inside peek at Prada while I am in Paris (it's all about connections!), and I am definitely planning on a trip to Versailles as well as to the Champs-Elysees Sephora.

I'm leaving the laptop behind in America, as there is just too much goodness in Europe for me to distract myself with the internets. I leave the blog to Mlles Kati and Karen, and I will be back in May with pictures, stories, and finds!

Au revoir!

image from filmreference.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails