We've moved! We are now at genmaicha.tumblr.com.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Everyday Earrings for Fall

everydayoreternal.etsy.com pyramid stud earringsWhen I went to New York, I did what I normally do -- I put together a little box of the earrings I planned on wearing with my various outfits, and I packed it into my suitcase.

That little box stayed in my suitcase the whole time, because all I wore were my new favorite earrings -- the pyramid stud earrings from everydayoreternal.etsy.com.

This is just another reason why Etsy is awesome. I'm still crazy about pyramid studs, and I thought, "wouldn't it be awesome if I could get some pyramids for my ears? Just little studs, nothing fancy. Straight up pyramid stud earrings", and that's what I typed into Etsy: "pyramid stud earring". Boom.

You can pick your metal for the earrings; I chose sterling silver, but shiny gunmetal or antique bronze would also be awesome. They're great earrings -- a simple statement stud, and a fun (and inexpensive!) way to incorporate rocker-chic into your look without overkilling it. I've gotten a ton of compliments on them, which means sometimes I have to explain what Etsy is ("where did you get those?" "Etsy!" "...?" "Well, it's a website...").

So in short: hooray for Etsy! Hooray for everydayoreternal.etsy.com! Hooray for earrings! Hooray for me still not being over pyramid studs!

Have you ever found exactly what you were looking for online? Somehow I feel it's much rarer than it seems, that I'm always flipping through everything forever before I ever find what I was really looking for...!

image from everydayoreternal.etsy.com

3 comments:

WendyB said...

I wonder if anyone makes real money on Etsy...

Jeanne said...

Yeah, that's my concern too -- if you undervalue yourself as a jewelry artist, you undermine everyone else's worth. (Ditto for bloggers!)

I think Etsy's a good way to get noticed and known, then spin off into your own website -- that way you get the benefit of exposure, and then you can jump and do it On Your Own without having to pay Etsy-fees.

Faye said...

Oooh I LOVE those!! I had not heard of Etsy until now so I am going to have to check it out! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails