We've moved! We are now at genmaicha.tumblr.com.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Searching for the perfect...

I admit to not being super-creative with my sartorial choices. Despite admiring the amazing outfits on Gala Darling and Susie of StyleBubble and buying a new tripod for the express purpose of taking pictures of my outfits, I am still dragging my heels on the matter. I buy really awesome things and just don't seem to get around to wearing them.

In addition, I tend to be very picky about things I buy. I can't just have boots, they have to be The Perfect Boots. I have several pairs of wedge sandals from last summer's quest for The Perfect Wedge Sandal. This summer, I've already succeeded in finding The Perfect Boots (thank you, eBay!) -- brown, not too pointy, slightly slouchy, the right heel shape, can be worn over skinny jeans. The quests for The Perfect White Vintage Dress and The Perfect Sun Hat still continue. I've also got high hopes for the long sundress that American Apparel is going to release soon, so cross your fingers that I'm not disappointed there.

But since I've been so boring lately, I can't help but eye the awesome hand-silkscreened skirts from Made With Love by Hannah, particularly the Apple-Pickin' skirt in Granny Smith. I also love the April Showers skirt, complete with rick-rack trim and big fat tulips. With these bright skirts, I can wear whatever boring top I have (and I have a lot of them) and let the skirt speak for itself. I'm definitely going to pick up one of these skirts sooner or later, but until then, I might just be boring a little bit longer...

image from madewithlovebyhannah.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails