We've moved! We are now at genmaicha.tumblr.com.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Spring's all about the metallics!


If you've been following the cosmetic trends for spring (like I have!), then you already know that metallics are going to be big for spring. Many of the spring/summer runways (all the way back in the fall, remember?) featured models rocking shimmery gold and silver eyes. So here are my recommendations for how to work this into your own style!

Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil may well be one of my two favorite eye pencils of all time. (The other is Benefit's basic kohl pencil in Sable.) I now own this pencil in three different colors: Lucky (copper, like a penny), Deviant (royal blue), and Dime, their new bright silver, which I specifically bought for this spring. One of my favorite daytime eyes is to wear brown pencil on my top lid (like the aforementioned Sable) and then line my lower lid with Lucky -- subtle enough to wear to work, but really pretty and lasts all day. I'm looking forward to wearing Dime in very much the same way, except with stronger liner on top (Benefit's Bad Gal pencil, perhaps?) for a nighttime look.


But what if you're not up for rocking the silver? After all, everyone's got their own preferences when it comes to which metal they prefer. For me, I prefer to wear silver jewelry, but I love gold on my face. That's why I bought the Bobbi Brown Gold Shimmer Brick compact. This compact was (and still is) limited edition; it was released in late 2006, but has proven to be so popular that it's still available. The gold powder can be swept with a blush brush for highlighting the cheekbone or used individually on the eyes with an eyeshadow or angled brush. However, it is limited edition, so if you're thinking about going for it, the time is sooner rather than later.

As for me, I know I'm taking my shiny new toys out for quite a ride this spring! Urban Decay can be purchased at your local Sephora or online at UrbanDecay.com; Bobbi Brown cosmetics are available at Gloss.com or at your local Bobbi Brown counter.

images from urbandecay.com and gloss.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails