We've moved! We are now at genmaicha.tumblr.com.

Monday, February 26, 2007

I think the loveliest time of the year is the spring, I do, don't you? 'Course you do.

DuWop Lip Venom 2nd Sin Spring is coming! And to get ready, I went to the DuWop event at the Powell Street Sephora on Saturday for a consultation with the founders of DuWop.

For spring, DuWop has two new products: an eyeshadow duo (with three options) and a combination lipgloss/highlighter duo (in two options). While I didn't really get to explore these two, I could see that they were very popular around the table.

I did, however, pick up the new Lip Venom 2nd Sin. I'm a big fan of the Venom Gloss (I love Tulip, a sheer red, for a punch of color), but at the same time, I don't like to taste my lipgloss all over my glass or cup or water bottle all day -- there's nothing quite like going for a sip of water and getting a mouthful of cinnamon. I can also smell the lipgloss whenever I open my purse -- I'm pretty sure it's not leaking (I hope it's not leaking!) in there, but I can definitely smell it. 2nd Sin, however, has no noticeable taste and only the slightest cooling feeling on my lips. I put it on this morning and ate and drank all day without feeling like I was going to burn my lips or leave flavored gloss on things.

The greatest thing about DuWop, though, and this is a trick I learned from Cristina Bartolucci herself, is that everything can be used everywhere in all sorts of layers. With just three products, the Bronzerush in June, Rose Eyes palette, and Brow Kit in Light, everything could be used anywhere. The Bronzerush blush was used on my eyes to build up the pink, the Rose Eyes medium pink shade was used to punch up the color on my cheeks, the lighter pink shade was added on top of Venom Gloss, and the brow highlighter from the Brow Kit was added on top of my cheekbones. If I want, I can use anything anywhere -- nothing is "just for eyes" or "just for cheeks". (I don't think I'll put anything Venom-y near my eyes, though!) It really is about experimenting and layering and having versatile products that provide a lot for what you get. And that's DuWop's specialty.

How much damage did I do? Let's just say that I'm not going to need any new cosmetics for a long time. And by "long time", I mean... probably a couple of weeks when I'll be in New York. I think I'll mostly be looking for perfume, though, not cosmetics.

As for celebrities wearing DuWop to the Oscars, I'm afraid to say that I didn't ask! But what do you think? Any guesses, anyone?

image from sephora.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails