We've moved! We are now at genmaicha.tumblr.com.

Friday, January 12, 2007

The Bee's Knees

I have to admit, I'm completely addicted to all things lip gloss, lip balm, lipstick. I buy them whenever I see them and keep them stashed in my purse, my office, wherever. One of my best friends once said to me, "My goal is to have a lip gloss in every single purse I own." I currently have eight in my purse, as well as one office-only. And that's not even the start of it.

Three of those eight are the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in the cute Lips-to-Go kit, which I received for Christmas (yay!). They come in a black cotton pouch, which has a handy mirror inside the top flap. The three colors are Champagne, which is a pale pink shimmer, Nutmeg, a shiny bronze (which I am wearing today), and, my all-time favorite, Rhubarb.

This is my third Rhubarb Lip Shimmer, as the first one went through the washing machine (it was in the pocket of a pair of pants -- tragic!), and the second one... well, it's still good, but now I have a new one in a cute container! Rhubarb is a great pinky-red, and, according to my mom, the most flattering lip color I own.

Lip Shimmers are also inexpensive, and can be bought online at Amazon.com, Drugstore.com, Ulta, and, of course, Burt's Bees.com.

The only problem I have with the Lip Shimmers is that they don't have SPF in them, which is unfortunate if you're planning on spending some serious time in the sun or the snow (yes, you need SPF for the snow, too!). Alas. Otherwise, they'd be the perfect lip balm.

image from ulta.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails