We've moved! We are now at genmaicha.tumblr.com.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Scooting into spring with BeneFit

I almost wasn't going to blog about this. I wanted to keep this all to myself. But my commitment to sharing the good stuff overtook my selfish desires. (For once.)

One of my goals is to get a Vespa. After spending two weeks in Europe and two weeks in Japan, I knew that I wanted a zippy little scooter of my own. I've looked at the websites, I've sighed and admired them on the street, snapped paparazzi-esque pictures of them in motion (including my hero, a stylish girl in Kyoto zipping along on a pink Vespa, complete with a Louis Vuitton bag), and I've already started looking into getting my M-Class license, which is required for riding a motorcycle (which, ultimately, a Vespa is -- it's not highway-safe, but it is a motorcycle).

It's also very well-known that I can't say no to a beauty event, especially if it's BeneFit Cosmetics. So when I stopped by Sephora on Powell Street in San Francisco yesterday, and I spotted a sign-up list for a BeneFit event behind the check-out, I had to inquire.

Not only is it a BeneFit spring event, but they are giving away a Vespa.

I don't even have to tell you that my name's on that list, right?

The event is next Saturday, March 8th, at the Powell Street Sephora, from 12 noon to 6 pm. To make an appointment, call (415) 362-9360.

Even if I don't come away with a Vespa (cross your fingers for me!), it ought to be a fun event with a hometown crowd. Let me know if you're planning on being there!

image from allposters.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails