We've moved! We are now at genmaicha.tumblr.com.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

You otter know!


I am finding inspiration in the weirdest of places.

I went to the grocery store last weekend and, right there by the frozen dessert aisle, I saw a familiar blue-and-red striped box. Yes: an Otter Pops box.

Otter Pops! Otter Pops! Delicious treat of my youth!

And so I bought them, they are in my freezer, and I am so happy. Little Orphan Orange and Strawberry Short Kook! (Alas, poor Alexander the Grape always languished in the back of the freezer until the next summer, if not beyond.)

Now I'm thinking about bright fruit-flavored make-up, from the classic cherry popsicle mouth to electric this-color-is-not-natural-flavor blue eyeshadow. I've been wearing China Glaze nail polish in the juicy red "Raspberry Festival on my toes, I've been buying bright blue and pink and green tops to wear with shorts and skirts, and I should be taking out my tropical eyeshadows to wear as liner... I really do love summer fashion and beauty!

So! If Otter Pops are my favorite summer treat, what's yours? What brings you back to the good ol' days of summer vacation?

image from jelsert.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails