We've moved! We are now at genmaicha.tumblr.com.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Yummy yummy yummy!

As I mentioned in the weekend's Science Fair, Kati came down from Oregon to visit! The three of us had An Evening Out on Sunday, since Karen and I had Monday off, and Kati and I spent much of Monday running around the city to stores they don't have in Oregon. (Or, if they do have them in Oregon, only in Portland.)

Naturally, Lush is one of those stops. Kati stocked up on her essentials, while I got detoured by the shower gels. I usually don't check out the Lush shower gels very often, but my eye and then nose were caught by Yummy Yummy Yummy, a pink shower gel that looked like a milkshake.

And honestly, that's what it smells like -- a delicious fresh strawberry milkshake. It doesn't smell like fake cloying strawberry flavoring (sidenote: why does grape flavor never taste like grapes? Real grapes are delicious, grape flavoring is gross.), but like actual strawberries, which also happen to be the first ingredient in the list. It smells incredible and I want to eat it but I know I can't.

I also got the Strawberry Feels Forever massage bar so I could follow up with a moisturizer with the same smell. While Yummy Yummy Yummy contains honey water, Strawberry Feels Forever is vegan (for those of you who are!). While it's a little unwieldy for moisturizing (melting in my hands, big thing shaped like a strawberry versus, say, a tub of lotion), it does make my skin soft and sweet.

I kind of just want to roll around in these strawberry products all summer, you guys. If Lush came out with a perfume or an actual lotion along the lines of Yummy Yummy Yummy or Strawberry Fields Forever, I would use them every single day and blast everyone with my amazing strawberry supernova scent. It's true. I would.

Have you made any amazing discoveries yet this summer? (I know, it's not officially summer, but we are Post Memorial Day and so it's summer!)

image from lushusa.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails