We've moved! We are now at genmaicha.tumblr.com.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Science Fair for December 3rd - 9th

Yes, it's a little late on a Sunday night, but I'm stepping up to the plate!

- Have you heard of Jonathan Coulton, the official Troubadour of John Hodgman? Both were Nerd Man of the Month at The Park Bench (May and April, respectively). Other awardees include Joss Whedon and the Flight of the Conchords. Anyway, back to Jonathan Coulton: his song, "Flickr", is a multimedia experience which you can watch here. I agree: thumbs up for Slurpees! He has also written songs about zombies ("Re: Your Brains"), working in a cubicle ("Code Monkey") and PANTS ("Mr. Fancy Pants").

- Every year, we have a neighborhood family that makes and gives out Chex Muddy Buddies (with chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar) for the holidays, and it's something I look forward to every year (because Muddy Buddies are the best). From BlogHer, here's a great list of homemade food (and booze!!) gift ideas gathered from blogs all over. Homemade limoncello? Yes please!

- I know I'm not the only one who loved Heather on ANTM this cycle. Here's an article in the New York Times on Heather and Aspergers.

- Okay. I admit it. I kind of love the Spice Girls, and I'm sad I missed them when they were in town this week (I didn't know they would be! I thought the closest they would be would be LA or Vegas! I didn't know they added more!!). So here they are on YouTube. But if you miss the old Spice Girls before they all got, well, kind of scary (besides Scary herself), Comcast On Demand is offering Spice World as a free movie until Valentine's Day. This was back before Posh married Becks, you guys! (In the credits, she's Victoria Adams.) Cameos include Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry (!!), Roger Moore with lots of adorable animals, Meatloaf as their bus driver, and Richard O'Brien (Riff-Raff from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, the bad guy from Ever After that Drew Barrymore CUTS IN THE FACE) as the villainous paparazzi Damien. I had a good time. So hush.

2 comments:

Kati said...

A+ on the links this week!

Also Jonathan Coulton's cover of Baby Got Back is hilarious and is what got me to listen to him in the first place. Good times.

Karen said...

I am kind of an idiot and always thought Asperger's was seriously spelled Ass-Burger's Syndrome. As in, two scientists, one named Ass and the other Burger, had discovered it.

Like Guillaine-Barre or Epstein-Barre, both of which I can remember and spell like a champ, but NOT ASPERGER'S.

Related Posts with Thumbnails