We've moved! We are now at genmaicha.tumblr.com.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Periodic Style Exclusive: Interview with Julie Teel, NYC Make-Up Artist, Part III

Today is the final part of my interview with Julie Teel, NYC make-up artist. You can find the previous parts of our interviews here (part I) and here (part II). Today she talks about her latest projects, some of which are now on your TV, coming soon to theatres and featuring two of my favorite actresses/writers/comedians/women, period!

What has been your all-time favorite project you've worked on? What project are you most proud of, if it's not the same as your favorite?

Hmmm, my all time favorite thus far will have to be Canterbury's Law because I got to work with my best friend Christine Fennell, who is a hairstylist. Work was always a hoot and we brought joy (perhaps even annoyance on occasion) to the set (I would like to believe). But it's also a great cast and crew to work with. I put my best foot forward and all my efforts into every project I work, whether it be a day or 6 months, so I am always proud of any project I've been lucky to be a part of. It's fun for my family and friends having me point out the different characters I made up for the various projects I've worked; I think they are proud of me, which makes me happy.

What do you think is the most powerful tool in a beauty arsenal?

Good skin care products. (Jeanne: Her emphasis!)
Having a well cared-for and primed canvas to paint is the greatest joy and makes things easier for all involved.

What is the best piece of advice you've received while working as a make-up artist?

BREATHE. ...Hmm, I don't really recall anything pertaining to make-up in general, though, only personal stuff concerning the actor's or director's preferences.

According to your IMDb profile, your most recent project is Baby Mama with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Are they as awesome as they seem, or even awesomer?

EVEN AWESOMER! As of this interview, I just worked on some reshoots with them and got to experience the fun again. They are both soooo very funny. Tina has a sophisticated humor that can be surprisingly smarmy and Amy, well, she's so kooky and does more charactery (is that even a word???) stuff, and I think she's more physical too. They are so very down-to-earth too. LOVE that! There's a trailer! It looks good! I am glad I got to work on this -- it's a favorite project for sure!

Thank you again, Julie, for sharing your time and your knowledge with us! I know I'm looking forward to Baby Mama and to seeing a lot of your work in the future!

1 comment:

Karen said...

HOW cool! I'd love to meet Tina Fey someday.

Great interview, btw! :) Have a good weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails