Our fourth giveaway and first piece of art is from the great photographer toeNja.etsy.com!
I love nature photographs, and I particularly love ones of vivid flowers, so I'm pleased to let you know that she's giving away a 4x6 print of "Love", her wonderful tulips photo.
Five questions with the photographer~!
1. Tell us a little more about you and your shop!
My name is Renee. I’m 28 years old, married for almost 6 years and have two kids. Photography has been my passion since even before I started kindergarten. My first “camera” was a toy Polaroid. After that I moved on to 110 cameras and working Polaroids, then to 35 millimeters, to digital, and finally to the digital SLR that I use today.
2. What are some of your favorite materials to work with?
In photography, the most important material is light. :) Having a great camera, lens, and photo paper helps, too.
3. What is your key inspiration for your work?
I get inspiration everywhere. After so many years looking through a viewfinder, I actually see the world in a way that my eyes subconsciously focus on the most pleasing elements, and I frame “shots” in my head all the time.
4. What's your favorite item in your shop?
That’s a hard one. Could I pick two? I like "Peace", which is a photo of my daughter’s hands holding a single yellow dandelion flower when she was 18 months. I also like "Here I Come", which is a photo of my son as an infant, wearing just his diaper, crawling towards me on the sidewalk. I had so much fun shooting that photo. I kept running ahead of him and then laying down on the sidewalk to frame the shot. I took it over and over using different lens lengths and changing the settings.
5. Name three of your favorite Etsy shops!
Three of my favorite Etsy shops are Lennon’s Lovelies because she has cute earrings and they’re named after Beatles songs. Another shop I like is Rebecca Novotny Designs because her items are beautiful and unique. And I also like Knitberry.com because she has a wide selection of gorgeous hand knit items in her shop.
Thank you, toeNja! I bet this photograph will be treasured by the winner of this giveaway...
- To enter the giveaway, please visit toeNja.etsy.com, then comment to this post with your favorite item.
- For every $2 donation you make using the PayPal button in this post, you'll receive another entry in the toeNja giveaway! You don't have to donate to win, but your odds increase!
- This giveaway will close at 4 pm Pacific/7 pm Eastern on Friday, January 30th. The winner will be announced on Saturday, January 31st.
image from toenja.etsy.com