Our next prize is from tellmeastory.etsy.com, who makes fantastic collage jewelry with polymer clay and selections from vintage books, as well as the lovely double-strand pearl bracelet she's giving away here on PeriodicStyle!
Simply elegant and goes with everything! And, of course, we have five questions with the artist!
1. Tell us a little more about you and your shop!
My shop primarily consist of collage jewelry — items that contain pieces of text or image that I’ve cut out of books, magazines, maps, take-out menus, and anything else that inspires me. I love the idea of “wearable art,” and I aim for that in my shop. I love the process of creating unusual jewelry, I find it both soothing and exciting. I have two very cute small dogs named Olive and Artichoke (Artie for short). (Jeanne: Cutest names ever!!)
2. What are some of your favorite materials to work with?
I work with polymer clay to create beads and frames for my collage materials, I also love working with genuine gemstones, vintage findings, and anything filigree.
3. What is your key inspiration for your work?
Finding new ways to combine text and image so that interesting feelings or thoughts are evoked. I love finding a vintage book in a used bookstore or a beautiful old map and making something wearable out of them so they can continue to be enjoyed.
4. What's your favorite item in your shop?
Probably the Green “Greed For Pleasure” Romance Novel Necklace! I think it’s fun, and I love the vintage green chandelier crystal and key charm.
5. Name three of your favorite Etsy shops!
I have so very many favorite Etsy shops it’s hard to pick just 3!
I enjoy Lemon Oak Studio’s recycled assemblages. I love Lynsey Hunter’s illustrations. I also really enjoy Green Belt’s recycled leather belts and cuffs:
Thank you so much! Want to find this lovely pearl bracelet in your mailbox? Here's the deets. (Yes, I said "deets".)
- To enter the giveaway, please visit tellmeastory.etsy.com, then comment to this post with your favorite item.
- For every $2 donation you make using the PayPal button in this post, you'll receive another entry in the tellmeastory giveaway! You don't have to donate to win, but your odds increase!
- This giveaway will close at 4 pm Pacific/7 pm Eastern on Friday, January 30th. The winner will be announced on Saturday, January 31st.
image from tellmeastory.etsy.com