We've moved! We are now at genmaicha.tumblr.com.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009 resolutions!


First off, Happy New Year! Yay, pandas!

For the last two years, I've started off the new year with my resolutions. In fact, I started off the blog itself with resolutions -- so PeriodicStyle is now two years old! (Hooray!) And little did I know last year, when I said I'd go somewhere and report on something in '08, that it would be New York Fashion Week itself! So big things can happen if you just set a goal.

Thus, here are my goals for 2008:

- Use what I have. Beauty-wise and fashion-wise, I need to do a better job of using what I have and playing with it more, versus dashing out and buying something new every time I have a special occasion or a new collection comes out. I need to curb the "buy! buy! buy!" impulse, especially now that I'm a Big Girl Living In The City (with Big City Rents).

- Take care of myself, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I'm going to take dance classes, go out and have fun, and not let myself get snagged up in stuff. Brightness and lightness and fun, yesyes.

- Donate more. Clothes, money, time and energy.

- Write more! More blog posts! (Yes, for real!)

- Comment more and reach out more! (Yes, for real, again!)

- Cook more -- I'm very much a boil-or-microwave type of cook, and so I'm hoping to break myself of my bad habits and actually cook for real. (Yeah, I'm not a food blogger, but I do like food!)

- And yes, as always, work on my skin. It's actually doing reallyreally well right now, so I just need to keep hydrated, keep my hands off, and keep doing what I'm doing because it's actually working... (!!!)

What are your goals for 2009?

image from muryousozai.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go out and have fun! Yay! Happy New Year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails