Well, everyone, this is it! Rusty and his mom are headed down to the vet to check in on his eyes and start preparing for his surgery.
And so we have our final two grand prizes! The donation minimums are upped for these two to $5 for extra entries. You can still enter all the rest of the Etsy giveaways at $2 an entry, too.
Our first grand prize is a custom digital illustration or one-page comic from L. at MySky.net! L. did the artwork for both PeriodicStyle and PeriodicBeauty, and she's graciously offered to donate her talent for you!
This can be a single figure portrait/avatar of you, a comic of your day (or of your favorite blog post, if you're a blogger!), whatever you like!
Here are some samples of L's comics work (click for bigger!):
L. was also gracious enough to answer my five questions, and so here they are!
1. Tell us a little more about you and your site!
Well, I'm a total nerd who can't stop drawing and crafting. I got started with comics a couple years ago because of how free the medium feels to me (there's still a lot of growing room for comics and a lot of things that just haven't been explored yet). But I still have a soft spot in my heart for, like, crocheting stuff out of old plastic bags. Jewelry is also a new and exciting passion of mine. My etsy shop isn't up quite yet (alas!), but my website is www.mysky.net.
2. What are some of your favorite materials to work with?
I'm pretty milquetoast as far as drawing supplies, but I love finding a way to reuse scraps. One of my favorite paper sources are the disposable little "we didn't clean your room today" notes they toss under your door at hotels. I just flip 'em over and draw things on the reverse side (they're surprisingly good quality paper!).
3. What is your key inspiration for your work?
I get a lot of inspiration from the mundane, oddly? I love the little tiny quirks and details from a daily routine and how they gain significance over time as part of a larger pattern. One of the things I really strive to do, with drawing especially, is to capture and celebrate quiet moments.
4. What's your favorite thing you've done?
I'm particularly fond of a minicomic I did about my trip to Japan. Which will be available soon! (Jeanne: It features me, too!)
5. Name three of your favorite Etsy shops!
dcorsetto.etsy.com: She's a really versatile artist who posts a broad range of pieces. Her comic pieces are hilarious (and usually sold out) but her life drawings are very powerful.
minniekins.etsy.com: SPATS! The world needs more spats, especially ones in such whimsical fabrics.
boxbrown.etsy.com: Minicomics, original comic art, colored comic prints all done in a really charming and subdued cartoony style.
Hooray for L.! And hooray for you, getting a custom piece of art to your liking!
- To enter the giveaway, please answer the following question: What would you like to have illustrated? (This isn't binding -- L. will work with you to figure out what you really want!)
- For every $5 donation you make using the PayPal button in this post, you'll receive another entry in the MySky.net giveaway! You don't have to donate to win, but your odds increase!
- This giveaway will close at 4 pm Pacific/7 pm Eastern on Wednesday, February 4th. The winner will be announced on Friday, January 6th.
image from mysky.net