Happy Saturday! Here's the next giveaway for Rusty, a fab bird print from ArtisticAnimal! Look at its expressive little face!
Her specialty is her amazing custom portraits of animals; definitely take a closer look at them when you're checking out her shop! Here's more about the artist and her work!
1. Tell us a little more about you and your shop!
I'm a professional artist and illustrator based in lovely Portland, Oregon. (Jeanne: Yay, Portland!!) Utilizing a variety of mediums, I explore various themes drawing from both ancient and modern cultures. An endless fascination with the interconnections between science, nature, myth and symbol provides me with endless inspiration. One of my deepest passions has always been creating art for and about the animal kingdom. I received my BFA in 1991 and have been fortunate to be able to work on projects ranging from costume and set design for the theater to My work has been collected throughout the United States as well as England, Ireland, Scotland, Norway and Denmark. My complete CV is available upon request.
2. What are some of your favorite materials to work with?
Oooh, pretty much all of them. I tend to focus on acrylics at the moment due to lack of studio space, but I also love charcoal, pastel, graphite, sculpture and mixed media. I have endless boxes filled with material for future projects!
3. What is your key inspiration for your work?
Life. While it can be distracting sometimes, I love that I can get lost in the patterns of a leaf or the way a dog cocks its head. As I mentioned, I'm also heavily influenced by mythology and science (I'm absolutely hooked on the books of Joseph Campbell). I have tons of sketchbooks filled with ideas and more come every day.
4. What's your favorite item in your shop?
I love doing the custom portraits. The people I've worked with have been wonderful and so appreciative. It's a true joy to get to know these animals and their families.
5. Name three of your favorite Etsy shops!
Oh, that's hard! There are so many incredible etsy artists. Right now my husband and I are collecting the wonderful photo blocks by Littleputbooks. The wood burnings of TheHauntedHollowTree are simply stunning. And I have to mention the incredible jewelry by Robandlean - they made our wedding rings!
Thank you so much, ArtisticAnimal! I wish I could have this bird print for my own, but it's going to go to someone else, and here's your chance to win it!
- To enter the giveaway, please visit ArtisticAnimal.etsy.com, then comment to this post with your favorite item.
- For every $2 donation you make using the PayPal button in this post, you'll receive another entry in the ArtisticAnimal giveaway! You don't have to donate to win, but your odds increase!
- This giveaway will close at 4 pm Pacific/7 pm Eastern on Friday, January 30th. The winner will be announced on Saturday, January 31st.
image from artisticanimal.etsy.com